Information Network Access – Student Acceptable Use Policy Agreement
In exchange for the use of the Alabama School of Fine Arts Information Network, I understand and agree to the following:
- Network availability, including Internet, has been established for educational purposes and for delivering the curriculum.
- Use of the networks is a privilege which may be revoked by school administration at any time for abusive conduct. Such conduct includes, but is not limited to, altering of system software, placing of unlawful information, computer viruses, or harmful programs on or through the computer system in either public or private files or messages. Alabama School of Fine Arts reserves the right to remove files, limit or deny access, and administer disciplinary action as stated in the Student Handbook or Code of Student Conduct.
- Alabama School of Fine Arts reserves all rights to any material stored in files and will remove any material which the administration believes may be unlawful, obscene, pornographic, abusive, violent, or otherwise objectionable. Users will not use the networks to obtain, view, download, or gain access to such materials.
- Information services and features contained on Alabama School of Fine Arts network files are intended for the educational use of its staff and students, and any use of these resources for commercial or other unauthorized purposes, in any form, is forbidden.
- Alabama School of Fine Arts makes no guarantee that the functions or the services provided by or through the district network will be error-free or without defect. Alabama School of Fine Arts will not be responsible for any damage suffered by the user, including but not limited to, loss of data or interruptions of service. Alabama School of Fine Arts will not be responsible for any financial obligations arising from the authorized or inappropriate use of the system.
- In consideration for the privilege of using the Alabama School of Fine Arts network, the user hereby releases Alabama School of Fine Arts from any and all claims of any nature arising from the use of or inability to use the district network.
- The user will abide by such rules and regulations of system usage, which may be modified by the administrators of the system. Current updates will be made available to users.
Children’s Internet Protection Act of 2000 (H.R. 4577, P.L. 106-554),
Communication Act of 1934, as amended (47 U.S.C. 254[h], ,
Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965, as amended (20 U.S.C. 6801 et seq., Part F)