- Alabama School of Fine Arts
- ASFA Employment Opportunities
Current Job Openings at Alabama School of Fine Arts
Administrative Financial Assistant
Job Duties: Assist ASFA Finance office efficiently and confidentially. Act as secretarial support for other departments as assigned. Phone support for receptionist as needed. Other duties as assigned.
Application and deadline: School must receive letter of interest, detailed resume, and the names and contact information for three references no later than October 12, 2022 to jplott@Asfa.k12.al.us.
Assistant Director of Development
The Alabama School of Fine Arts (“ASFA”) and Alabama School of Fine Arts Foundation are seeking a full- time, in person, Assistant Director of Development. The Assistant Director is an employee of ASFA and the State of Alabama.
ASFA is an audition-based, public, tuition-free, 350 student, grades 7 – 12 public day and boarding school located in downtown Birmingham, AL. Devoted to a deep dive education in the arts and math/science, ASFA students experience an advanced education in their chosen field of visual arts, theater, dance, cre- ative writing, music, or math/science; graduate with a solid foundation for success in life; enjoy and cre- ate a supportive culture for themselves and their peers; and go on to top arts schools and universities throughout the country, and careers in arts and non-arts fields. The ASFA Foundation is an independent 501c3 which supports the mission of the school by raising private and public funds from all sources.
The Foundation Assistant Director of Development is one of a two-person shop, reporting to the Director of Development. The successful candidate will be a creative and energetic individual with superior organizational and communication skills, and a dogged attention to detail. The ideal person will be comfortable managing a wide range of short and long term projects, as we work to steward our relationships with current donors, expand ASFA’s donor base throughout the state, and increase annual and capital support of the school. ASFA is currently completing a strategic planning process: a new campus master plan and capital campaign are anticipated. The Assistant Director will be responsible for excellent Raisers Edge database management, all aspects of Annual Fund fundraising campaign segmented for a range of constituencies, alumni and parent engagement, prospect research, tracking budgets and expenditures and reconciling bookkeeping with the Foundation’s controller. Participation in periodic evening and weekend performances and events are required.
The successful candidate must appreciate the value of the arts and an arts education and recognize the value of diverse people and experiences.
This 12-month position features a competitive salary ranging from $40,000 - $65,000, based on experience, the opportunity to enroll in all state school related benefits such as health/dental/vision insurance, a retirement plan, paid vacation and school holidays, sick leave, and life/disability insurance.
- Financial Performance and Viability:
- Assist with all aspects of fundraising, including identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of individual and organizational donors, and developing other resources necessary to support ASFA Foundation’s mission, such as management of volunteers and events.
- Assist with identification of grant opportunities and for the submission of all grant applications and for corporate and foundation relations on behalf of the Foundation and School.
- Manage database of donor and potential donor records, contact reports, and gift administration, including annual and ongoing updates, and precise recording, receipting and acknowledgement of gifts.
- Board Governance:
- Assist with the membership, communications, and activities of the Foundation Board and Committees.
- Organization Operations.
- Assist with the effective administration of ASFA Foundation operations.
- Proficiency with Raiser’s Edge software highly desired.
- Proficiency in computer use and understanding of basic word processing and spreadsheet software required (e.g., Microsoft, Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to the nonprofit sector
- Three or more years nonprofit management experience
- Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision- making, and reporting
- Demonstrated organizational abilities including planning, implementation
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong computational and analytic skills
- Demonstrated photographic, design, and media competence
- Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups
- Ability to convey a vision of ASFA Foundation’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers, and donors
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Candidates should attach pdfs of their resume and a letter describing their qualifications and interest in the position in an email to Beth Mulvey, Director of Development, ASFA Foundation, email@example.com by October 1, 2022.
It is the policy of the Alabama School of Fine Arts not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship (other than an alien not authorized to work in the U. S.), age, disability, veteran status, or other proscribed category, in its educational programs, activ- ities, or employment policies, as required by local, state, and federal policies and laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment including selection, compensation, assignment, promotions, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training. Inquiries or complaints regarding compliance with applicable laws may be directed to Dr. Martin Mitchell, President.
- Financial Performance and Viability: