Alabama School of Fine Arts Parent Teacher Student Organization (PTSO)
The Parent Teacher Student Organization (PTSO) of the Alabama School of Fine Arts is a volunteer organization dedicated to supporting the ASFA community through:
- Providing a common ground and open forum for the ASFA community to unite and promote the welfare of the students, staff, and community
- Providing financial support to school functions which are not otherwise supported by a parent support group
- Improving student life by providing funding and volunteers to assist with various events throughout the school year
- Coordinating and providing volunteers to assist with campus improvement initiatives
- Hosting hospitality events for faculty and staff to show appreciation, and to provide a casual environment for faculty and staff to interact.
Membership is open to all ASFA students, parents, guardians, faculty, and staff. An annual family fee is $20. Please fill out the membership enrollment form to join.
The ASFA PTSO is funded primarily through membership dues, profits from the sale of ASFA merchandise, and income from such programs as Publix Partners. In order to avoid competing with the specialty parent support groups’ fundraising events, the ASFA PTO refrains from any significant fundraising outside of these programs.
The PTSO strives to serve the ASFA community by supporting the school as a whole and to focus this support toward those functions that do not have their own dedicated support group. These include such areas as core academics, health and wellness, the IRC, technology improvements, student and dorm life.
The monthly meetings are open to ALL parents and guardians of ASFA students. Meeting information is sent through the parent newsletter.
Stay up-to-date on PTSO events by joining the ASFA PTO Facebook page!
Click here to watch the latest PTSO Meeting:PTSO Board for the 2023-2024 School YearPresident: Tiffany FlemingTreasurer: Jenny ShemwellRecording Secretary: Dr. Erinn C.F. FloydCorresponding Secretary: Rikki GardStaff Events Coordinator: Michelle VientosStudent Events Coordinator: Lara VickeryStore Manager: Zoe GordonAssistant Store Manager: Latoya Pennington